MCCPM Midwife Friendly Businesses Agreement
Thank you for reaching out for an opportunity to list your business on the MCCPM website.
To give you some background on MCCPM, our Mission and Purpose is to promote, protect and preserve midwifery as practiced by CPMs in the state of Minnesota. Consistent with our commitment to maternity care provided in an out of hospital setting, we strive to maintain a safe standard of care in partnership with the families we serve. MCCPM is a federally recognized 501(c) 6 non-profit organization.
• To educate the public about the option of midwifery care and its safety
• To support families choice for birth
• To set a standard of excellence-of-care provided by midwives
• To offer annual peer review and special circumstances reviews as needed
• To maintain skills through continuing education
• To promote research for out of hospital birth with statistics collection
• To encourage communication between midwives and other health care professionals
• To build a community with midwives both locally and across the country who share common goals, fostered through the work of MANA, NARM, MEAC, CfM, NACPM and MNow!
As an essential core value of our community, we recognize and acknowledge the institutionalized racism and oppression in the profession of midwifery overall, and the barriers to training and practice for students and midwives of color, LGBTQ, and other marginalized communities. We commit to working with community partners to increase diversity in the profession by eliminating barriers to training and practice. We will join in local and national efforts to work toward reducing disparities in birth outcomes within marginalized communities. We will undertake the responsibility of moving forward in educating ourselves and implementing more culturally competent care to all families that we serve.
If you’d like to be included in our website listing, we ask:
1. That you renew this form annually as desired (which we will email you to prompt you)
2. That you list the MCCPM website in the resources/referrals that you share with clients
3. That you fill out the boxes below with the information about your business you’d like to share.
4. That you consider the option of making a donation to MCCPM for your listing, but this is not required. (Send via paypal using this link https://www.paypal.me/MCCPM)
-The Minnesota Council of Certified Professional Midwives